Après Sweet: 3 Reasons You Need Maple Syrup on Your Next Ski Vacation
It’s a bit frosty up here in SAPJACK country these days. And you can be sure that whenever the weather outside is frightful, our single-source organic maple syrup offers many ways to delight you.
Simply stated, SAPJACK pairs well with winter.
When the forecast calls for February, many folks seek out a warm-weather getaway while others take advantage of snowy slopes and forests to treat themselves to a wintery adventure (think skiing, skating, sledding, snowshoeing, and more).
Whether you’re schussing through the snow, cutting figure eights on skates, or hunkering down in front of a fire, we’ve got a few appetizing reasons to make maple a part of your stay.
3 SWEET REASONS TO BRING SYRUP with you SKIing
1. Hitting the Slopes Deserves a Sweet Meal
Don’t deny it – skiing can make you super hungry.
So, because we know you’ll be building up an appetite, our crew came up with a few great brunch, apps, and dinner ideas that make maple the star attraction.
- Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings — OK, here’s an appetizer platter that is sure to warm the palate (and tantalize cold nostrils).
- Baked Brie with Maple — Another snack that is sure to please, this one’s full name is “Baked Brie Wrapped in Puff Pastry with Almonds, Rosemary, Thyme, and Maple.”
- Peppery Maple-Glazed Pork Tenderloin — Talk about a killer après-ski entrée, this pork tenderloin dish is a sure-fire winner.
- Maple Salmon — Rich in flavor and lean protein, here’s another nutritious, palate-pleasing main course brought to you by the humble maple tree.
2. SOME APRÈS SKI IMBIBING
Here are a few of our best cocktails and beverages made with maple:
- Maple Chai Latte — This piping hot pick-me-up is a great way to start the day, especially when the mercury is huddled at the bottom of the thermometer.
- Maple Hot Chocolate — Here’s another cold-weather favorite for winter lovers of all ages, one invented by the ancient Mayans and, we think, made better by maple.
- Maple Hot Toddy — Just hearing the words “hot toddy” can begin to make you feel warm inside. This one calls for bourbon, tea, an orange wedge, and (yum) SAPJACK Vanilla Maple Syrup.
- Bloody Mary — This bloody good brunch staple blends the usual ingredients with a savory maple bacon garnish.
- Maple Martini — Cheers! Try this maple, bourbon, and cranberry twist on the ever-versatile, universally popular martini.
- Trees Knees — Inspired by a Prohibition-era fave called the Bees Knees; this refreshing elixir replaces honey (from the bees) with a little something from the trees … maple syrup!
3. Maple + Snow…Make the Most of it!
Now we’re not suggesting you bring a bottle of maple syrup with you on the slopes, but we’re also not, not suggesting it. If you can find a safe way to do it, then so be it, but you may want to save this sweet hack for when you get home.
All you’ll need is the following:
- Maple Syrup.
Yep. That’s it.
We hope you’ll accept our invitation to enliven your wintertime activities with SAPJACK maple syrup — at home or wherever you may roam.
And the next time you go skiing up north and stay somewhere, be on the lookout for a special partnership we launched with Airbnb and other rental organizations where hosts receive bottles of SAPJACK syrup to stock at their respective properties. It’s a sweet campaign we think will make people sappy!