Baked Brie Wrapped in Puff Pastry with Almonds, Rosemary, Thyme, and Maple
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) wheel brie
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons SAPJACK GRADE A GOLDEN SYRUP
- 1 heaping tablespoon toasted sliced almonds
- 1 egg
- Crackers, for serving
- Sliced fruit, such as apples and pears, for serving
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and heat the oven to 375°. Trim the 2 inches from each short end of the puff pastry sheet, then place the sheet on the prepared pan. Sprinkle the center of the pastry with ¼ teaspoon each of the thyme and rosemary. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the syrup on top, then layer on the brie. Top with the remaining ½ teaspoon each of the thyme and rosemary and drizzle with 2 teaspoons syrup.
- Fold the edges of pastry over the top so that it is covered completely. If you like, you can pleat them for a more finished look. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon water. Brush the pastry with the egg wash. Bake the brie until the pastry is golden, about 35 minutes.
- Let the brie cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon syrup and sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately with crackers and sliced fruit.