Maple Chai Latte
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 chai tea bags
- 2 tablespoons SAPJACK Grade A Golden maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Ice (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the nut milk until it just starts to simmer, then immediately remove from heat.
- Add the chai tea bags and leave to steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard the tea bags, then add the rest of the ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Taste and adjust sweetness or spice to your liking, then pop it back over low heat for a few minutes until warmed through (if serving hot).
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend for 20-30 seconds, until frothy, then transfer to mugs.
- Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream if you wish, or wait until the mixture’s cooled before blending and serve over ice.