- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup oil
- 2 cups milk
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- SAPJACK Grade A Golden maple syrup
- Garnishes of your choice
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the corn starch to the flour and mix it well. Add the salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda to the flours and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry and gently combine to mix. Do not over mix them as that will change the texture of the Waffles. Just mix them enough to combine. Leave it aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the waffle maker. Add the required amount of batter to the hot waffle iron and close the lid. Let the waffles cook until done. Follow the directions for your specific waffle maker to pour the required amount of batter. They vary individually by the size of the waffle iron.
- Once done, serve immediately or keep it warm in the preheated 200 F oven. Do not stack the waffles as they will lose their crispness.