Maple Bacon Pancake Bites
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup SAPJACK BOURBON AGED MAPLE SYRUP, plus more for serving
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- Fresh berries, for serving (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400° and coat a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, syrup, and vanilla. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Do not over-mix. Fold in the bacon.
- Evenly divide the batter among the wells of the muffin tin. Bake until golden around the edges, about 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and arrange on a platter. If you like, drizzle with maple syrup, and serve with maple syrup on the side.