- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk
- 8 slices white bread
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- SAPJACK Grade A Golden maple syrup
- Garnishes of your choice
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla and then stir in the milk.
- Soak the slices of bread in the mix 1 at a time, waiting until it’s evenly soaked, about 2 minutes per side.
- In a large-ish skillet over medium heat, melt 1 chunk of butter.
- Add 2 slices of bread to the skillet at a time, first allowing any excess milk mixture to drip off. Cook until golden brown and crisp at the edges, 2 to 3 minutes per side. You may need to lower the heat a little to keep the bread from over-browning.
- Move to a plate. Repeat with the remaining butter and bread.
- Cover with SAPJACK Grade A Golden maple syrup. Devour immediately.