- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teespoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- SAPJACK Grade A Golden maple syrup
- Garnishes of your choice
- In a bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, salt).
- In another bowl whisk the egg with milk and melted butter. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk lightly until just combined and remove big lumps (DO NOT overmix the batter, if you do then you’ll get flat and tough pancakes).
- Lightly brush a skillet with a piece of butter (or use 1 tablespoon of oil instead). Then using a ¼ measuring cup spoon the batter and spread it into a circle.
- Cook on the first side until bubbles appear and the edges start to look a bit dry, the bottom of the pancakes should be golden-brown (around 3 minutes). Flip and cook for another 3 minutes or until the second sides are golden brown.
- Drizzle with SAPJACK Grade A Golden maple syrup and add your toppings and serve.