Sweet and Spicy Maple Butter Popcorn
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¾ cup popcorn kernels
- 3-4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons SAPJACK CINNAMON SYRUP
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large, lidded pot over medium high heat, warm the oil. Add the kernels and cover. Once the kernels begin to pop, shake the pan occasionally and place back on the heat until the popping slows to a 3 or 4 seconds between each pop. Remove from the heat and pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, chili powder, cinnamon, sugar, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter and syrup. Drizzle the popcorn with one-third each of the maple butter and spice mix. Toss the popcorn to coat, then repeat twice more. Serve immediately.