Maple Pumpkin Pie with Salted Brittle
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- ⅔ cup SAPJACK Cinnamon maple syrup
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup milk
SALTED PECAN BRITTLE INgredients
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1 recipe Pastry single-crust pie
- Prepare Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. Preheat oven to 375°F
- For filling, in a large bowl combine pumpkin, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Add eggs; beat lightly with a fork until combined. Gradually add milk; stir to combine
- Carefully pour filling in pastry shell. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie crust with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- To serve, sprinkle with Salted Pecan Brittle.
PECAN BRITTLE Directions
- Line a shallow baking pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a small saucepan combine the sugar and water. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boiling. Boil at a moderate steady rate, without stirring, until mixture turns a dark amber color, about 10 minutes. Stir in pecans and 1/2 tsp. sea salt. Remove from heat and immediately pour onto the prepared baking pan. Using a spatula, spread evenly. Immediately sprinkle with remaining sea salt. Cool completely. Break into large pieces.