Mini Baklava Tarts
- 1 (2-ounce) package phyllo cups
- ¼ cup raw almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup raw pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice (from about 1 orange)
- 3 tablespoons SAPJACK CINNAMON SYRUP
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Heat the oven to 350°. Arrange the phyllo cups on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almonds, pistachios, cinnamon, salt, and butter. Divide the mixture evenly among the cups. Bake until the pastry is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- While the cups bake, combine the orange juice, maple syrup, and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the syrup is thickened and reduced slightly, about 8 minutes. Drizzle the syrup evenly among cups. Let cool completely before serving.