Maple Glazed Donuts
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 Tablespoons SAPJACK Vanilla maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- If needed: pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a donut pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Make the donuts: Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together in a large bowl until combined. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the milk, butter, yogurt, egg, egg, sugar, and vanilla together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then fold everything together until no flour pockets remain.
- Using a large zipped-top bag, fill the bag with batter and cut a corner off the bottom of the bag. Pipe the batter into each donut but, filling about 3/4 of the way. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until the edges and tops are lightly browned. To test, push the donut gently with your finger, if the donut bounces back, they are done. Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Re-grease the pan for each new batch.
- Make the icing: In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, maple syrup, and heavy whipping cream together, whisking occasionally. Once the butter has melted, remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar, vanilla and maple extract. Add a pinch of salt, if needed. Allow the icing to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Frost the donuts: Dip each donut into the icing. The icing thickens quickly, so you may need to re-heat the icing as you dip. Place the dipped donuts back onto the cooling rack. Feel free to double dip the donuts
- Donuts are best served immediately. Leftovers keep well covered tightly at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 2 days.