Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 large butternut squash, halved with seeds removed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of SAPJACK Cinnamon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut Butternut squash in half. Remove seeds. Lay the halves, flesh side up, in an oven-safe baking dish. Add ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, 6 tablespoons of butter (3 on each side), and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until the butternut squash can be poked with a fork and is tender. If it is not done after 1 hour, leave in another 15-20 minutes until done.
- Remove from oven when it’s done, allow to cool a few minutes, and serve with your meal.
- Add any more kosher salt or pepper to taste at the serving.