Maple Glazed Chicken
- 6 chicken breasts
- ½ cup SAPJACK Bourbon Aged maple syrup
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add chicken breasts to a large resealable plastic bag (skin on or off as desired). Combine ½ cup maple syrup, ½ cup chili sauce, ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp minced garlic and salt and pepper as desired. Pour over chicken in bag.
- Seal bag and turn to coat chicken. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2-8 hours (I marinated mine just a couple hours).
- Preheat grill to about 400 degrees F (I had 2 sides on, and one side off so I could move them to indirect heat if need be). Either grease the grill with oil or non-stick, or spray a piece of tin foil with non-stick spray and place on the grill over the heat. Place chicken on the grill, and cook, turning every so often, for 20-25 minutes or until meat starts to fall away from the bone. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn! Move to indirect heat if need be.
- While chicken is cooking (or you can do this ahead of time if you need to), combine ¼ cup maple syrup, ¼ cup chili sauce, ⅛ cup apple cider vinegar and ½ tsp minced garlic in a small pot. Bring to a low simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until reduced and thickened (about 10-15 minutes). Turn off heat and keep warm until chicken is done.
- Brush chicken with thickened glaze before serving.